Sunday, November 23, 2008

My "Gotcha" Day

Me and Jeff and Elise at the Airport!

Me and Elise! Home at last !

Elise is waiting to meet her mommy!

Kim and Elise all ready to come home



Eating Thanksgiving Dinner in Guatemala



Thanksgiving Day last year Jeff is laying down with Elise while she was taking her nap.




Embassy Day, poolside at the Weston in Guatemala



Kim and Elise on there way to the American Embassy





Jeff and Kim had just brought Elise up to the Hotel room.. this picture is so sad to me. If you look closely you can see the tears glistening on her cheek.. She was so sad to have left her foster mother. Her foster mother did a beautiful job taking care of her and I know that she was loved very much in that home.




Jeff Meeting Elise for the first time his "Gotcha Day"



Well one year ago today Jeff and My Girlfriend Kim few home from Guatemala to St. Louis International Airport at 11:00pm. This was the first day that I met my baby Girl! Oah and she was the most beautiful little girl I had ever laid my eyes on! What and emotional day for me and Jeff.. November 23rd the day Elise came home to us! I remember like it was yesterday, Edward and I drove over to my Dad's house had dinner and then I tracked there Delta flight on the Computer until it was time for us to go to the Airport.. Driving to the airport I was so nervous.. was she going to cry when I touched her or would she let me hold her... yes she did actually come to me and let me hold her and she did not cry.. now the next few days were a bit rough but that night was just perfect! all the stress and anguish we went through with our attorney was over and we finally had our baby girl home! she was 15 months old. and the rest is history folks!


Belinda

6 comments:

Twice as Nice said...

What a wonderful day that was. And she is the cutest thing ever!! I think she is darling and you are so fortunate to have her. May each day bring an even stronger bond and much love. Congrats!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What a memorable day!! I didn't realize that you didn't go....how wonderful that your friend Kim could go along to help your Hubby!!

I love all these photos.....precious moments!!

Have a great week!

lisa

Our Complete Family said...

Happy Gotcha Day anniversary!
Elise is such a little angel in your lives! What a cutie patootie indeed!
So glad she is your sweet little girl and home forever!
Love ya oodles~ Les

Anonymous said...

awwww happy Gotcha day!!!! our Gotcha day was Nov 21st two years ago!!! Time just flew by!!!!

congrats!
Luv,the other leslie!

Our Complete Family said...

Hey B!
I like your new 'Ho Ho Ho' background!
You're all set for the holiday season in blogland!!!
xo, Les

Candy said...

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW I MISSED YOUR HUBBY and BABY GIRL last year...I was at the Westin For Thanksgiving visiting Jagger...HAPPYT GOTCHA DAY SWEET GIRL...HUGS