Thursday, August 21, 2008

Look who's a big girl and in Preschool!!!!

Elise checking out her new Lunch box
Me and Elise before school
Elise and Jeff before school
Elise getting all settled in at school.
Eddie outside playing



Elise started preschool today at the First Baptist Church . She is attending there one day a week from 9:30-2:30. She did really well this morning when Jeff and I dropped her off. She did not even cry. However; when I said that "I wanted to peek in at her one more time before I left", another mom that was walking down the hall heard me say that and she asked me if it was the first time leaving her and I said "yes", and she said " oah you are doing good no tears" well I then turned to walk away and I started to cry... but Me and Edward got through the day. We went to Target and to Wal-Mart and then home for lunch and he took his afternoon nap before heading off to pick her back up. Her teacher said that she cried off and on during the day when other kids would cry ( I guess this was a sympathy cry for her new friends ) and refused to take a nap during rest time, and the teacher had to hold her the entire time through rest time.. but I think for the most part she did pretty well. Her teachers seem really nice and she has a friend in the class, Avery ( my neighbor, Katie's little girl). I have attached a few pictures of Elise looking at her new lunch box and me and Jeff and her before school today. I also included a few pictures of Edward playing in the backyard. I hope everyone is having a great Thursday.

Belinda

8 comments:

Our Complete Family said...

What a big girl Elise is! Going to school and toting such a fun lunchbox! Glad you and Eddie got some shopping time in...always a fun treat! Can't wait to see you gusy for a playdate SOON! xoxo L

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Hi Belinda,

Thanks for stopping by our blog!

Your kids are so cute...what a beautiful family you have!

Glad I could help give you some ideas for your glass jars!! I am just starting to get all of my fall stuff out....so exciting!

I will be back to visit!

Lisa

Shannon said...

I enjoyed looking through your posts! Your kids are sooo cute!

Ella Marie Boutique said...

Check out Ella Marie Boutique for some adorable clothes for Elise. 20% of proceeds goes to adoptions and orphans in Ethiopia and Guatemala.

Look us up at ellamarieboutique.blogspot.com and ellamarieboutique.ecrater.com. Look at encounteringella.blogspot.com to read my personal blog about adopting our second Guatemalan blessing.

Jeni said...

It's hard to let them go. I got pregnant with my 2nd child when my first was 16 months. When I got to my 2nd trimester I signed him up for hourly care at the base CDC so I could go to my appts. and talk to my Dr. in peace. He cried, I cried but all worked out well. Well that's my story. I love the white dress in the pics below especially with that black hair. I bet she looks good in red too.

Tricia said...

oh, such sweet pictures! She is just precious and yes, it is SO HARD to let them go & spread their wings!

This coming from a woman who stalked the schoolbus yesterday after putting my Kindergarten on it!

:)

Robyn said...

What cute pics!!

Robyn

Tara said...

Awwwww! Hugs to you momma for being such a trooper on her 1st day of pre-school :) Your kiddos are both beautiful and you have EXCELLENT taste in clothes :)