Friday, September 12, 2008

My Guatemalan Princess is 2 !!!

I had to post these pictures of what I did while I waited for Elise 15 months is a loooong time.. So I decorated and shopped for clothes...




Referral picture of Elise she weighed 5 pounds and 11 ounces.... Look at all that hair she was about 11 days old in this picture and he one below it.

3 months old

6 months old
Happy First Birthday Baby!!! I wish that we could have celebrated with her :(
Kim Jeff and Elise in Guatemala in Nov ( 15 months ) Embassy Day!!!
18 months
2 years old!!!!


Jumping on her Zebra following her Baptism waiting for the party to start!!!!
Leslie and Miss Priss at the party
Singing Happy Birthday!! She loved it
She got so many presents it took me forever to open all of them!!!
Elise checking out her balloons while eating her Birthday dinner



On August 30th 2 years ago my little princess was born. I don't know much about the day she was born, other than she was born at home by a midwife in Santa Catarina Pinula, Guatemala... I can only imagine what that day must have been like for her birth mother and the day following when she gave her to our Attorney. I think about her Birth mother alot and look at the picture of Elise and her birth mother everyday.. I keep it on our desk in our computer room. I show it to Elise often and tell her who she is and that she loved her very much. Obviously Elise does not comprehend what I am telling her but I know that she will one day. We missed her First Birthday as she was still in Guatemala so this was a very special Birthday for us. Hope you enjoy the pictures and a trip down memory lane with me.








Belinda

6 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh Belinda, I just enjoyed taking a walk down memory lane with you!!!

What a beautiful post....and what a gorgeous little girl!!!

You certainly kept yourself busy during the wait...LOL...her closets and drawers were packed!!

We think about Sarah's birthmother often....it is very sad, but look at the beautiful gifts we have been given in our precious children!

PS...The wait for China is just killing me right now, we have been Logged in for 28 months...it is looking like at least another year...can you believe it!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Lisa

Twice as Nice said...

She is so PRECIOUS and BEAUTIFUL. You have truly been blessed and she is a lucky girl to have you both as parents.

Our Complete Family said...

Oh Belinda~ this is such a wonderful post about your little princess. Wait~ she's a 2 year old now~ a big princess! She is just adorable and I am so glad that you were united with her as her forever family!!! And, Caroline will love her to pieces as a sister in law one day ;) Love you bunches girl~ Les

Power Up Love said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Our Complete Family said...

Happy Bday Belinda!
Love ya, L

Candy said...

What a SWEET POST and HAPPY 2nd Birthday sweet girl!!!!

Love all the look back pictures!